KING OF PRUSSIA, Penn. – June 26, 2019 – Trion, a leading advisor in the employee benefits marketplace for over 20 years, announces the release of results from the 2019 Leaves of Absence Survey. The survey is a comprehensive study of large employer leaves of absence strategies, providing employers with information and analysis about common absence policy design and administrative practices. With paid time off programs comprising upwards of 20% of average payrolls and an estimated 6% of productivity loss, understanding leaves of absence has never been more important. The survey has received widespread participation, including:
- Approximately 200 employers with an average size of 32,000 employees
- 22 of the Fortune 100 companies
- Representation of 14 industries including healthcare, manufacturing, tech, and finance
- Current employer leave practices for more than 6 million employees from all 50 states
Comparing 2019 survey data against 2017 survey results suggests that leaves of absence in the workplace continue to present significant challenges for employers. The war for talent, a byproduct of the highly competitive job market, has more employers adopting leave policies focused on family and lifestyle needs to help attract top talent.
Organizations struggling to design leave policies that balance legislative compliance, employee support, and cost-effectiveness can benefit greatly from the data derived through the Leaves of Absence Survey. The survey results offer insight into:
- The dynamic and complex statutory landscape
- Parental leaves and caregiver policies
- Training and communication strategies
- Industry standards for maternity leave and PTO
- Degree of compensation during various leaves of absence
- And more…
Get The Executive Summary Today!